The College of Communication Arts and Sciences will present this year's Outstanding Alumni Awards and the Rising Star Award at "The Celebration," the college's annual awards dinner and ceremony, on Saturday, May 9, at 6 p.m. in the WKAR Studios, located in the ComArtSci Building, 404 Wilson Road, East Lansing.
Five alumni will receive Outstanding Alumni Awards, which recognizes alumni who have obtained the highest level of professional or academic achievement and demonstrated service to the college and community.
The 2015 Outstanding Alumni Award recipients are:
- Nicholas D. Becharas, B.A. Advertising '84 , President and CEO of Becharas Brothers Coffee
- Geoff Johns, B.A. Telecommunication '95, Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment
- Angela R. Massenberg, Ph.D. Audiology & Speech Sciences '88, President of Massenberg & Associates
- Diane Neal, B.S. Retailing '79, CEO of Sur La Table
- Dale Petroskey, B.A. Journalism '78, President and CEO of the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce
Derek Wallbank, B.A. Journalism '06 , Editor of Bloomberg First Word-D.C. Breaking News Desk, will receive the 2015 Rising Star Award, which honors alumni who have graduated within the past 10 years and have shown a strong record of accomplishment and service to the college.
The Celebration is free to attend, but registration is required. Reservations will be accepted in the order received up to the capacity of the venue. Please RSVP by Wednesday, April 29.
To make a reservation by email or phone, obtain additional information or request accommodation for persons with disabilities, contact Rachael Ruis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 432-7207.Share via these networks: