The modules consist of recorded video lectures and assignments that are completed asynchronously over the Internet. The professors are more than happy to answer any questions or concerns using email or through the classroom management system, Angel.
Module 1: Organizational Communication
- To develop a better understanding and execution of writing for traditional media, social media and the web in general.
- To develop a better understanding and ability for how to build, facilitate, lead, and evaluate performance within work teams.
- To develop a better understanding and implementation of corporate messaging and storytelling.
Module 2: Comparative Communication Systems
- To develop a better understanding of media planning strategy, using different forms of media to create a complete media package.
- To develop a better understanding of the different elements of a news story, including how to write and present the story.
- To develop a better understanding effective media relations.
Module 3: Digital Media
- To develop a better understanding of the current state of digital media.
- To develop a better understanding of social media trends and technology.
- To develop a better understanding of new media applications internationally.
Module 4: Communication Research Methods
- To develop a better understanding of the research process.
- To learn about the different types of research.
- To learn how to present research findings
Module 5*: Branding and Image Communication
- To understand the purpose and nature of branding.
- To apply those concepts to the brand(s) of Saudi Aramco
- To develop a personal vision of how one can contribute to the brand and integrity.
Module 6*: Communication Strategy Development
(This is an in-person course)
- The importance of goal setting in successful strategic communication planning.
- How to develop simple, clear communication plans and messages to support any organization goals and activities.
- How to make good, valuable strategic communication decisions.
- How to select and focus on the most effective communication actions and tasks to help achieve and support corporate goals and objectives.
- Understanding communication ethics in an international world.
- Total communication plan research, development, implementation and evaluation.
* Depending on cycle, these modules may be presented in opposite orderShare via these networks: