Scholarships applications are now CLOSED.
There are a limited number of camp scholarships available each summer. The majority of scholarships awarded are partial scholarships that cover a portion of the camp tuition. A full scholarship is considered the instructional day-only rate ($625). A partial scholarship is considered anything less than the instructional day-only rate ($625).
Scholarships are awarded based on illustration of financial need and student's ability to communicate how attending MSU Media Camps will be meaningful for him or her.
Application cycles are open January 1 - May 1 of the relevant programming year. All submissions, including application, recommendation letters, and materials, are due May 1 for scholarship consideration. The scholarship committee will review applications after the close of the current programming cycle, and notify applicants within two weeks of this date of their award status. Award recipients must notify the scholarship committee within 10 days of whether they will accept or decline the award.
Mail your application to our offices at:
MSU Media Summer Camps
Department of Media and Information
College of Communication Arts and Sciences
Michigan State University
404 Wilson Road Room 412
East Lansing, MI 48824
How does registration and scholarships work?
Students may not register for camp without payment. Students requiring scholarship in order to attend may not register and hold a seat in the hopes they will be a scholarship recipient. Our most popular programs may fill up before scholarship applications are reviewed. Students that register and pay for camp are guaranteed a seat in the program, and are still fully considered for scholarship should they apply.
We hold a few seats in each camp for students that require full scholarships to attend. Recipients may register once they have received notification that they are awarded scholarship. Scholarships are based on financial need and there are only a limited number of scholarships available. The purpose of our scholarships is to offset the burden of cost to individuals needing financial assistance to participate.
- If you receive a full camp tuition scholarship (up to $625, and does not cover residential expense), you will need to complete the informational part of registration. If you are registering as a day-only student, your registration is complete. If you are registering as an overnight student, you will be asked to complete payment for the remaining balance.
- If you receive a partial scholarship, you will need to complete the informational part of the registration process and pay the balance remaining of the camp costs when you register.
- If you receive a partial scholarship, but are unable to pay the remaining balance towards the camper's cost of attendance, scholarship awards will be offered to another applicant.
- There is no cash value for scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship awards are not transferable to other MSU pre-college programs or programs outside the University.
- All scholarship awards are applied directly to student accounts towards the cost of attendance. If parents or students have paid for the camp in full and become notified that the participating camper is also a scholarship recipient, scholarship funds will be applied towards the student’s account and a refund is processed.
- Should the participating student's school offer summer scholarship for external elective academic programs, we are happy to apply or combine scholarship towards the participant's account.
- Michigan State University is not aware of which schools participate and offer these scholarships, and do not assist the applicant in applying for other scholarship programs.
Become a Sponsor!
Currently, most media camp scholarships are internally funded by Michigan State University Pre-College Programs / Department of Media and Information. Consider being a sponsor so we can offer more scholarship opportunities to students. Please visit our Camp Sponsorship page for more information.Share via these networks: