In addition to meeting the established standards required for admission to graduate study in the college, applicants for admission are asked to provide the Journalism Graduate Committee with the following:
- An official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who are familiar with the applicant's academic and professional work.
- Scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A 750-word autobiography.
- A 1000-word statement of goals for the master's degree.