I earned a PhD from the University of British Columbia under the supervision of Izak Benbasat. Beginning from my master’s thesis, I published in premier journals, including MIS Quarterly (impact factor 4.659), ISR (impact factor 2.146), Communications of the ACM, and ACM Transactions on CHI, which are cited over 500 times (as of August 2014, Google Scholar). My research centers on digital/social media,virtual teams, computer-mediated communications, and online learning. My teaching areas include Human-Computer Interaction, Social Media, and Quantitative Research Methodology.
- Lee, Y. E. and Monu, K. (forthcoming 2015) “Corporate Use of Social Media: Technology Affordance and External Stakeholder Relations,” Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 25(2). DOI: 10.1080/10919392.2015.1033940.
- Lee, Y. E. and Benbasat, I. “Influence of Tradeoff Difficulty Caused by Preference Elicitation Methods on User Acceptance of Recommendation Agents across Loss and Gain Conditions,” Information Systems Research, 22 (4), December 2011, pp. 867-884.
- Lee, Y. E. and Benbasat, I. “Interaction Design for Mobile Product Recommendation Agents: Supporting Decisions in Retail Stores,” ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, 17(4), December 2010, pp.1-32.
- Suh, K. S. and Lee, Y. E., “Effects of Virtual Reality on Consumer Learning: An Empirical Investigation,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 4, December 2005, pp.673-697.
- Lee, Y. E. and Benbasat, I., “A Framework for the Study of Human-Computer Interface Design for Mobile Commerce," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 8, No. 3, Spring 2004, pp.79-103.
- Lee, Y. E. and Benbasat, I. "Interface Design for Mobile Commerce," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 46, No. 2, December 2003, pp.49-52.