Valeta evangelizes for the department by disseminating information about faculty projects, grants, and classes. She provides website, graphical, and branding support for departmental events, the Meaningful Play conference, minors (such as Serious Games and Information Technology) and Media Sandbox-related projects. In addition, she is the Internship Coordinator and facilitates for-credit internships. She received her M.A. from the Department of Media and Information (formerly Telecommunication, Information Studies & Media) at MSU, with an emphasis on Digital Media Art & Technology, and received her B.S. from Ferris State University in Television Production. She currently teaches CAS 204: Web Design and previously taught CAS 207: Media Animation, as well as undergraduate and graduate-level Independent Studies (MI490 and MI890, respectively).
She’s currently overseeing production of courses for a new, College-wide fully-online Master of Arts program (Strategic Communication – stratcom.msu.edu).
Valeta also provides voice-overs for accommodated versions of state tests and other productions.
Roles & Responsibilities
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- 2016 Bronze Addy for Beyond Bollywood Study Abroad materials (with Amol Pavangadkar)
- 2015 Bronze Addy for Meaningful Play Conference Materials (with Andrew Dennis)
- Walter and Pauline Adams Academy for Instructional Excellence and Innovation Fellow
- 2014 Silver Addy for MSU Media Summer Camps materials
- 2013 Silver Addy for Meaningful Play Conference Materials
- 2012 Silver Addy for Media Sandbox Website (with Henry Brimmer)