Created by the College of Communication Arts and Sciences Alumni Board, the ComArtSci Faculty Impact Award is presented annually to a current ComArtSci faculty member whose dedication to teaching and mentoring has had a noteworthy and enduring impact on the lives and careers of his or her students.
This is an opportunity for ComArtSci students, in conjunction with department chairs, to recognize faculty members who have provided inspiration and innovation through classroom excellence.
How to Nominate
Current students are invited to nominate their most influential professor for the 2017 ComArtSci Faculty Impact Award by completing the 5-minute form at https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cSllt2OCiKTH6iV
See below for nomination criteria. Deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Those submitting nominations may nominate more than one faculty member by completing one survey for each nominee. The 2017 recipient will be announced in late February and honored at the college's annual awards ceremony, The Celebration, on April 8. The awardee and their home department will also receive a monetary award.
- Nominee must be a current faculty member in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences
- Nominator must be a current student of Michigan State University
- Previous Faculty Impact Award recipients are not eligible to receive the award again
Contact Rachael Ruis, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.
- 2016: Amol Pavangadkar, Media and Information
- 2015: Steve Lacy, Journalism
- 2014: Andy Corner, Advertising + PR
- 2013: Karl Gude, Journalism
- 2012: Sandi Smith, Communication
- 2011: Bob Albers, Media and Information
- 2010: Lucinda Davenport, Journalism
Share via these networks: