For a degree from MSU College of Communication Arts & Sciences to remain as strong tomorrow as it is today, financial support from alumni, parents, and friends is critical. By working together, we can ensure MSU students are first to access groundbreaking communication research conducted by the college's world-renowned faculty.
Building a stellar reputation starts with:
- Providing opportunities for scholarships, internships and study abroad programs
- Attracting excellent faculty
- Delivering a challenging and relevant curriculum
- Creating experiential learning opportunities
- Advancing research in health and risk communication, communication technologies and international communication applications
- Developing creative learning spaces
Your gifts can:
- Create a legacy by establishing an endowed fund in your name, for a loved one or for a special professor, that has lasting and sustainable funding for an internship award or scholarships.
- Support specific student-focused programs such as career services or study abroad.
- Establish long-standing financial support for recruiting the best and brightest candidates for advanced degrees.
- Help CAS attract and retain the best communication faculty and researchers in the field by establishing or contributing to a fund for endowed chairs, professorships, fellowships and scholarships.
Where to Give?
Thousands of alumni and friends choose to support the college-wide discretionary fund each year. Discretionary funds help sustain academic programs, faculty development, the college's information infrastructure and other current needs. The purpose of these discretionary funds is to help bridge the gap between appropriated funds and what is needed in order to provide the very best experience. They also help support innovative programs and special projects for students and faculty that otherwise could not be offered.
- Dean's Strategic Opportunities Fund - to provide unrestricted financial resources for scholarships, fellowships, programs, research, technology, and other current or future initiatives.
- Advertising & Public Relations - support tomorrow's business leaders in advertising and public relations.
- Communication - support students and faculty in our top-ranked communication programs.
- Communicative Sciences & Disorders - support students and faculty in their pursuit of helping others with speech and hearing impairments to communicate.
- Journalism - support the pursuit and exploration of innovative journalism at Michigan State University.
- Telecommunication, Information Studies & Media - support future leaders in a digital world.
Many donors to the college designate their gifts to support our students in the form of scholarships and fellowships and other types of student support. Donors may choose to support students financially by establishing an endowed fund which allows the donor the opportunity to name the fund and to identify specifically the types of students they wish to support. Donors may also provide student support by contributing to an existing endowed fund or simply through a gift to the Dean's Strategic Opportunities Fund which provides financial support for CAS students.
How to Give?
For more information:
Meredith Jagutis, Senior Director of Development